Saturday 9 May 2015

Album Review: Mike Farris - Shout! Live

Artist: Mike Farris

Release: Shout! Live


Style: Gospel, Soul


Since discovering this artist I have read many reviews singing his praise (pun most definitely intended) but perhaps the best quote from the many reviews I have read is "Mike Farris has enough heart, soul, and power to light up a city." Truer words have never been spoken! I discovered this album when putting together the Black Crowes Connections show and I’m certainly glad I did.
The album is a live recording of Gospel classics and originals tunes. The music is in turns funky and soulful but perhaps the best word to describe it would be uplifting. Now i'm not one to preach and it's been a while since the last time I set foot in a church, but one thing I do know is that if Mike Farris was to be playing at my local Church or leading the congregation not only would I be there in a heartbeat but I would be yelling it from the top of every tower so that everyone in town would be sure to witness the show and experience firsthand the power that music can wield over a person. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment